Monday, January 30, 2012

Long or Short Wedding Dress ?



Some brides know exactly what kind of a wedding gown they want. They know what colour and how long will their gown will be.. I honestly wasn't the one of those. Since i first started to even think about possible wedding I've been jumping from style to style wanting too many things and all at same time - pretty please ! :) I started with the thoughts of having a short 50's style dress with HUGE and fluffy swing skirt, no tiara, no veil , no gloves and only some flowers in my hair :) I really was excited about wearing a short knee length wedding dress and super cute heels. But i wouldn't be me if with time going pass some doubts wouldn't come to my mind...

This were my thoughts... We are brides only once ( hopefully ) and there is only one time we can actually wear a long wedding dress with a trail and all the accessories coming with it ( yeah princess staff ). So that was it, and even tho i keep on bumping to the idea of short knee length cute dress, i made my final decision on having long gown with trail and all. But not a super long trail for me, you know the ones that make bride make a buss type of a turns? Hehe, i want to keep myself in a good mood on my wedding day and not keep on shouting on my guests because of they are walking on my poor dress  :) Anyhow, i have my wedding gown already in my closet ( will show you my dress after the actual wedding happened ) but the thoughts of short gowns still keep on coming into my head.

So what should we think about when deciding to have a short or long wedding dress? I will try to put pluses and minuses for both styles:


SHORT WEDDING DRESS:

+   Fantastic for 50’s Rock & Roll type of weddings
+   Easy to move and dance in
+   Won’t get easily dirty and no one will walk on the trail
+   Can show off your fantastic shoes and beautiful legs
+   Can wear HUGE skirt without looking silly
+   Great for casual type of wedding


-    Demands good looking legs especially if the dress is showing knees
-    Less gowns to choose from, usually bridal stores have only few short dresses for sale
-    You might need to find a good seamstress
-    Dresses are surprisingly expensive
-    Achieving bridal look can be more difficult? Don't think any bride wants to look less dressy than her guests
-    Depending on the length can make legs look shorter




LONG WEDDING DRESS:

+   There is endless amount of different styles to choose from
+   You will definitely look like a bride
+   Less unforgiving to your legs


-    Harder to move in, especially with long trail
-    Skirt get dirty easily
-    Not very comfortable to dance in





                       Mori Lee                                            

 

So, which dress type you are going to choose for yourself ?

Katherine

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! Tell me about it! I am having the same dilemma. I originally thought I wanted a short dress for our fun, laid-back cocktail-style wedding complete with pinball and lots of beer...however, nothing looked "bridal" and the long ones I do like are too bridal...I have a long dress now, but oh the agony every time I see an awesome, short, white dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's dilemma of been a woman! There are too many things to choose from (at least online ) but when it comes to finding somthing particular and not what is commonly thought to be "IN" at that moment, then finding somthing that we want in our local stores can suddenly be hard. I know too many girls who in the end decided to get married in something which at least partly was what they wanted for their wedding day :( For grooms it is so much easier!

    ReplyDelete